Platts Market Data - Overview
Platts Market Data - Metals
product brings together all of TSI, Platts and some key 3rd party price data into one comprehensive package. Following its acquisition of TSI in July 2011, Platts is in an unrivalled position to offer the market a wealth of price information and analysis compiled by the industry leaders.
What are the benefits?
- Having TSI 62% Fe and Platts IODEX iron ore benchmark prices in the same place gives you are more rounded picture of the market and allows you to closely compare the two and monitor the correlation going forward.
- Use the historical and current data to easily identify trading patterns and price trends, helping you anticipate future price movements – your very own crystal ball
- With access to all these prices, you can be reassured that you are trading at the same price levels to other market participants – a strong contributor to your profitability margins
- Populate your proprietary financial models with ease and confidence to reassure your shareholders and senior management of your position in the market
- Have faith in your forward projections by using the data to develop a strong pricing and business strategy – guesswork is a thing of the past
- By aligning your forward curve and spot data it leaves you at a very low risk of a back/mid/front office disconnect
- By having the prices fed directly into your company’s proprietary systems, time is saved and the risk associated with manual data entering is eliminated
Download a sample of the data here
Market Data – Metals provides you with:
- Access to all Platts and TSI steel, scrap and iron ore global price data, including both benchmark TSI’s 62% Fe and Platts IODEX iron ore prices
- Prices for: steel and raw materials, metallurgical coal, ferroalloys, non-ferrous, light, major, minor and precious metals
- Foreign Exchange, COMEX and NYMEX exchange data
- The option to receive complete or customized historical data sets